If you need to test your LabVIEW code without a physical EMotion device connected to your PC, you can simulate one using the WPC Device Manager. Follow the steps below.
- Right click on the device tree in the WPC Device Manager and select “Add Simulated Device”.
- Select the EMotion from the list and press “OK”.
3, A simulated EMotion device will be created in the device tree. Take note of the serial number - in this case, it is “Sim_EMotion”.
Note: for a simulated EMotion device, you will be able to view the test panel interface UI, but no movements will be functioning.
- In LabVIEW, you can use this serial number “Sim_EMotion” for the “IP address” input for the Open Motion.vi. The LabVIEW code can now run without initialization errors.
- For a simulated device, there will no responses from the limit switch inputs. “Logical Position” and “Encoder Position” will also remain at 0.
- After you execute a move with a simulated device, the “Move Complete?” boolean output will immediately return “T.”