The Emotion controller is compatible with motor drives that accept pulse signals as control signals.
- For most stepper/servo drives, you will see input terminals for STEP and DIR signals.
- Sometimes they are referred to as CLK and DIR signals, or PUL and DIR signals.
Alternatively, there is also a variation of control signals that uses CW and CCW signals.
To support this mode, you can configure the EMotion controller STEP and DIR outputs to support CW/CCW mode in software.
- This is the recommended way of connecting to a motor driver, as it provides the most noise immunity. This requires the motor driver to have differential inputs.
- Some motor drivers will only have one STEP and one DIR input. In this case, wire the positive signals to the motor driver.
Single-ended wiring, with power to motor driver:
- Some single-ended motor drivers will also need a power source for optical isolation. To use the 24V power source from EMotion controller, you can add resistors in series. Alternatively, you can also use a separate power supply for optical isolation.
- For VCC=24V, R=0
- For VCC=12V, R=1kOhm
- For VCC=5V, R=2kOhm
- What is STEP/DIR and CW/CCW?
- Software configuration
- List of verified motor drivers