For Windows PCs:
- On your keyboard, press the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time.
- Enter “ncpa.cpl” in the window that pops up.
- Right click on the network adapter that is currently connected to the device that you are trying to configure. Usually, it will be the adapter with the word “Ethernet” in the name.
- Select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”.
- Select “Use the following IP Address” and then input the following information in the corresponding fields:
- IP address: You can set this to “192.168.1.5” for connecting to the E-Motion controller.
- Subnet mask: Set this to “255.255.255.0”.
*Default IP of E-Motion controller is:
- After setting the IP, you can do a ping check to see if the connection to EMotion controller is valid.
- Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard and type “cmd” to bring up the Command Prompt.
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type “ping” in the black box and hit the space bar.
- Type the IP address you’d like to ping (e.g., 192.168.1.110).
- Review the ping results displayed.